In today’s world, so many things are stored and sent over the internet that we don’t give it a second thought—until it stops working. In some cases, network connectivity issues can be the result of wrong cables, improper installation, or lacking maintenance. If you are dealing with cabling issues, it’s time for an upgrade. As an IT Solutions Company in Virginia Beach TCI offers customized cabling solutions for your business that increase your business’s capabilities.
What is Voice and Data Cabling?
Voice and data cabling refers to the various cables that make up your business’s IT infrastructure. These cables are responsible for transferring data between devices and from the internet. Cabling is used to connect computers, telephones, printers, fax machines, security systems, etc. The cabling system that you choose can influence how quickly data is transferred, downloaded, and accessed by your staff. Without the proper cabling, none of the wireless devices that your employees rely on would be usable.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Voice and Data Cabling
Choosing the right voice and data cabling company sets you up with an organized, scalable IT infrastructure. Without a proper cabling setup, your business can experience network connectivity issues, dropped calls, slow upload times, and slow download times. In order to find the right company for you, you will need to consider your business needs, and goals, and choose a business that offers the cables, installation, and maintenance schedule you want. The overall voice and data cabling cost in Hampton, Virginia will depend on these factors.
Selecting the Right Cables
The type of cable you choose for your business will depend on what type of usage it is receiving. Are your employees relying on the wi-fi on a regular basis? Do you have guests/visitors that will use the wi-fi? Do you have any problems with your current cabling? Are you planning to grow in the future? Will you need more data soon? The answers to these questions can help you select a cable that is scalable and ideal for your business needs.
- Cat 5e: Offer a bandwidth of up to 100 MHz and transfers data at a speed of up to 1,000 Mbps. Ideal for voice services and simple computer networking within homes or small businesses.
- Cat 6: Offers a bandwidth of up to 250 MHz and transfers data at a speed of up to 1,000 Mbps. This cable is recommended for gigabit ethernet connections. These cables help to block out system noise and facilitate cross-talk.
- Cat 6a: Offers a bandwidth of up to 500 MHz and transfers data at a speed of up to 10,000 Mbps. An enhanced version of Cat 6 offers even more protection from cross-talk. Any Cat 6 is the minimum requirement for data centers, hospitals, and universities.
- Cat 7: Offers a bandwidth of up to 600 MHz and transfers data at a speed of up to 10,000 Mbps. Cat 7 offers slightly higher bandwidth than Cat 6a, meaning it is ideal for centers that need a bit more data usage.
- Cat 7a: Offers a bandwidth of up to 1000 MHz and transfers data at a speed of up to 10,000 Mbps. This cable is meant for networks with large demand and high usage.
- Single-mode: When you need even more bandwidth and data transmission, a fiber optic cable may be the ideal solution. This cable is designed to transfer data over longer distances at higher speeds and shorter times. This cable is ideal for businesses that use video conferencing frequently.
- Multimode: With slightly smaller data and bandwidth than single-mode, the multimode is ideal for small businesses.
Outside of the cable itself, the installation of the cables is important as well. Without a professional cable installation, you can still experience the same problems you are having due to interference, bent wires, kinked wires, and more. By relying on a professional cabling company, you can ensure that your installation is not a problem. This can also decrease your voice and data cabling costs because you won’t need repairs and replacements.
Finally, with the proper company, you can expect regular maintenance on your equipment. This means keeping your cables in good working condition, ensuring that they are properly stored, keeping them organized, and providing help when you run into problems.
Voice and Data Cabling in Hampton, Virginia
As you can see, voice and data cabling are an integral part of your business’s IT infrastructure. At TCI we offer IT solutions in Hampton, Virginia for any size business facing any problem. We offer customized solutions for your cabling needs—selecting, installing, and maintaining the cables that are ideal for your business.